ABT Course Eligibility
For the Applicant
- Comprehension, writing and reading skills in English. The course will be conducted in English.
- Education: Post-graduation in Psychology, Social work, Humanities or Medicine OR Graduation in any stream (arts, commerce or science) with minimum two years or more field experience of working with special needs group.
- The graduation criteria will be waived for applicants having field experience of working with special needs group for seven years or more.
- Applicant must have a clear understanding and experience of the ‘pathology’ of illness/ disability/ special need s/he will be working with.
- Applicants must be currently working with an organization where s/he could directly apply what s/he learns under the supervision of seniors and peers.
- Inclination or passion for the art forms. Prior training or expertise in drama, music or other art forms is NOT mandatory.
- Aptitude for theory and research skills.
For the Organization
- Registered organisation working with special needs groups.
- Familiarize the candidate with the pathology and needs of the population.
- Commitment to incorporate ABT in their organizational processes.
- The course duration is nine months.
- Two sets of contact classes will be held for 7 or 8 days each, in Bangalore.
- For the rest of the time, practical work is done in one’s institution.
- The candidate will receive guidance and support from the mentor assigned within the organisation and the ABT guide assigned to them.